Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hunting the Dear...

Hey guys,

No, I haven't forgotten how to spell...

I'm just going to take a look at a band called The Dear Hunter, (that's D-E-A-R) for a little bit...

I really like the first two albums put out by this "band" and I've grown excited at the prospect of going to see them since they're coming to Pittsburgh soon.

I say "band" because the group is really mostly comprised of one person named Casey Crescenzo. He's got a little help from his friends on the first two efforts of his project, but it's mostly him doing the performing...

It didn't all begin there for Mr. Crescenzo, though...

He was in a band called The Receiving End of Sirens for a while. They put out a pretty decent album on which I think you can hear the roots of The Dear Hunter coming to light. Casey did some guitar, vocals and a lot of other things on this disc.

In this first post examining The Dear Hunter, I'm going to post all the music videos that The Receiving End of Sirens made for the above mentioned album: Between the Heart and the Synapse which involved Casey...

Enjoy below and stay tuned for more stuff involving The Dear Hunter...

Titles for the songs will appear ABOVE the videos...



Planning A Prison Break



*- In the above song "Planning a Prison Break", That's Casey that begins singing in the "Like a felon..." part. Also, notice that the song starts sounding significantly more like something from The Dear Hunter at that point...



This Armistice





The Evidence





Despite liking this album, there are more than a few moments on it that are, for me, a little too modern-pop/punk-esque... Sometime after this album, Casey left The Receiving End of Sirens to begin working on what is a significantly better project (IMHO): The Dear Hunter... Casey's new project is evolving into to one of my favorites and its entire catalog hasn't left my iPod since I discovered it. Keep checking back and reading the Llog for more things on The Dear Hunter and other stuff that I deem awesome...

Peace...

No comments: