Sunday, July 6, 2008

Big Brother is Watching You... Learn to Become Invisible

Hey guys and gals,
I'm both re-reading and experiencing for the first time chapters of an amazing comic called The Invisibles.
It deals with aliens, the occult, grand conspiracies, dead Beatles, and all number of things that both frighten me and fascinate me...
Writer Grant Morrison proves in this series that he's as brilliant as he is driven and having just read the first two books of the series: Say You Want a Revolution and Apocalipstick, I can't wait to get deeper into the third: Entropy in the U.K....
If you're interested in someone who's been called "a regular comics apocalypse" or "the true successor to William Burroughs", go check out Grant Morrison and his crowning acheivement, The Invisibles.
It's been said to contain the original plot of the film The Matrix (I'd agree) and was written by Morrison as a super-sigil (meaning that, as a practitioner of Chaos Magic, he thinks that he's caused certain things to come to reality by writing it). He even says that he was given some of the information contained in these pages by aliens, when he was abducted by them on a trip to Katmandu...
Weird, I know... but doesn't it make you want to check this thing out?!

sMiLe...

2 comments:

ADD said...

I'd really like to read those sometime. They sound quite fascinating.

lloydduvalljr said...

Hey Andy,
They ARE quite fascinating. Maybe a little too occult-ish in some spots, but still really, really cool...
I'll be starting vol. 4 pretty soon, called: Bloody Hell in America...
Let me know if you want to read them...
I don't think you've read any Grant Morrison, have you?
He's a real treat...