Thursday, July 3, 2008

10,000 B.ig C.onglomeration???

Hey guys,
Wow... Is conglomeration even a word?
Ah, well... It is now...
I actually sat down and watched a flick that we got from Netflix (which is an amazingly cool service, by the way) tonight...
The movie was 10,000 BC.
I've gotta say that all I could think of from about halfway through the movie to the end was this is a big mash-up of 300 and Apocalypto...
I'm not accusing the film-makers that did the movie of copying either of those films. That was just what it felt like to me...
It was a decent film, I suppose... It didn't really appeal to me as much as either of the aforementioned ones did, though...
Like I said, mix up some 300 and sprinkle a little Apocalypto with a dash of a love story and you've got your 10,000 BC.
It's worth a view if you're in the mood for this type of flick.
Check back for more reviews of films, which I watch when I can manage to put down whatever it is that I'm reading...
Peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always had the inclination to watch this movie. As much as I hate to admit, I bought into the hype. Anyway, I value your opinion and, for the most part, agree with them, on movies. I'll still need to check this one out.

By the way, "conglomeration" is totally a word...that's got to be worth at least 75 cents...