Sunday, July 6, 2008

Neural Itches - A Brief Look Back...

Hey guys,
While still feverishly listening to Matthew Good (Band), I've had a kind of nagging at me to do this post...
Did you ever get a song stuck in your head? I heard somewhere that that particular phenomenon is called a neural itch... It's particularly enjoyable if it's a song that you like...
Here's to taking a brief look back at some of the songs that have snaked their way around my brain relatively recently ( because I love them!!!). I've posted videos of them for your enjoyment...

Protest the Hero - "Bloodmeat"


The Mars Volta - "Wax Simulacra"


Hurt - "Ten Ton Brick"


Skillet - "Rebirthing"


Dredg - "Bug Eyes"


Breaking Benjamin - "The Diary of Jane"


Okay... There it is... A small comment... See that bit in the Dredg video where the drummer is playing a little keyboard while he's playing drums? He really does that!!! I've seen it!!!
Anyway... As I said, I just felt compelled to post this... I'm still really into Matthew Good at the moment... See the post right below this one and some other ones on here to get a look at his stuff...
Hit me with some comments and some of your favorite tunes!!!
Peace...

5 comments:

Lori Beth said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the blogs. I just hope I keep up with mine. :)

Anonymous said...

This blog was tailor made for me! I get these all of the time and most of the time they're stupid little ditties that I really don't like. Case in point: this morning while I was painting my office, I had "Low" by Flo Rida in my head. WHAT!?

Others, ones I actually like, include: Vice Versa by Fair to Midland, 10 Ton Brick by Hurt, Out to Get You by Bloodsimple, this list could go on an on. Anyway, "neural itches"; that's a cool way to say it. Where did you find the "real" name for such a phenomenon?

ADD said...

I had nothing stuck in my head until I read that and now guess what...WAX ECSTATIC...and I don't even know who performs that song. I'm gonna go look it up....

lloydduvalljr said...

HEY JEFF!!!
I have no idea where I heard the term "neural itch"... I think Erica might've said something about it.
This term was brought to you as a result of me being a fount of useless information...

HEY ANDY!!!
The band who does "Wax Ecstatic" is Sponge... but you probably know that by now...

Anonymous said...

SPONGE!!! 'Wax Ecstatic', 'Plowed', and a topless chick at their WVU Fall Fest gig....ah, memories....

Case in point about the neural itches - and I think this one takes the cake - 'Witch Doctor' by the f@*%ing Chipmunks! That's right....the Chipmunks.