Friday, July 4, 2008

More "Good" Stuff

Hey guys,
I posted an entry, I guess it was yesterday now, on how I was listening to the Matthew Good Band's first album Last of the Ghetto Astronauts. Well, when I remember or get into something that I really dig, obsession usually takes hold and I'm up until the wee hours of the morning (much like now) looking at and/or listening to everything I can get my hands on about it...
If you guys are into music, intelligent and interesting people, truthful and substantial viewpoints or you are actually listening to what I'm saying on here, you should find out and get into as much as you can about Matthew Good and his music...
I'm doing this blog entry as a kind of bare bones primer to the man, his craft and his ideas...
Here we go...

These first few video clips are three parts of a bio that I found on YouTube and they feature the early exploits of the Matthew Good Band. Watch them from the top down in order... In the second two videos, the audio gets out of synch a little, but just watch them and learn anyway... It's still mighty informative if you're interested in it... (And hey, there's a lot of the music that got me into Matt sprinkled throughout these clips... ENJOY!!!)

Matthew Good Band - MMM Bio (Part 1)


Matthew Good Band - MMM Bio (Part 2)


Matthew Good Band - MMM Bio (Part 3)


And now I've posted the video for what Matt and the interviewer discuss as possibly "(Matt's) bets song ever". Apparitions is the name of the tune and I've gotta admit that it's one of my favorites, too. Check it out directly below...

Apparitions


And now, here's one of Matt's rants... It appears that this was a regular feature on MuchMusic (a music network in Canada where Matt's from) at some point in time... Watch below as Matt rants on tits and ass...

Matt Good Rants - Tits and Ass


And now to more recently... Matthew Good is a solo artist as of right now and he's released one of the most heartfelt and honest records that I've ever heard. It's his most recent offering... Here's an interview containing some of the story behind Hospital Music...

Matthew Good on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos


Well, there it is... If you wanna know more about Matthew Good or hear more of his music, his entire catalog is now on the U.S. version of iTunes. You can also look plenty of stuff up on YouTube or Wikipedia. If you're really into blogs (hey, you're reading one now!!!), you can go to www.matthewgood.org and read Matt's...
Hope you enjoy this guy and come to think as much of him as I do...
(Whew, longest post ever...)
Peace...

No comments: