Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Scalped


Hello, again guys...
In the past couple of hours I've been to Indian reservations, meth labs, deadly gunfights, seedy honky-tonks, and the backs of cop cars...
No I didn't just get back from a drug binge to Arizona, I've read a comic that I've been wanting to dig into ever since I've read Jason Aaron's recent run on Wolverine and heard Brian K. Vaughan's praise...
The book was called Scalped...
Though I wouldn't rank it up there with my favorites, Scalped definitely was a decent read. The protagonist Dashiell Bad Horse doesn't only have a kick-ass name, he's one of the biggest bad-asses I've had the pleasure of meeting in reading comics in a while...
Published by the Vertigo imprint, a division of DC Comics that's been called the HBO of comic books, the first collection of Scalped, Indian Country is right up there with the quality of the books the label has produced in the past...
While it's no Sandman, Preacher, or V for Vendetta, Scalped is certainly worth the read...
Go check out this or any other Vertigo book to be impressed...

(The cover art of Scalped, Vol. 1: Indian Country shown above is by Jock)

No comments: