Friday, December 12, 2008

My "Beautiful" Discovery...

Hey guys,

Yeah, I'm still alive... I know it's been quite a while since I've posted...

I was thinking about the blog a little bit the other day... I was also thinking about Matthew Good, which is what I've been listening to lately (again)... I just always return to listening to good ol' Matt here and there... I guess he's become one of my favorites...

Anyway, I was think about the blog and wondering which Matthew Good (Band) album that it was that I last commented on... Well, it turns out that in accordance with the albums of his that I've now listened to in depth, I'm a little behind on posting about them... So... I may hit you with a couple of posts in a row about this magnificent musical genius I've grown to love...

Where I left off last time with Matt Good was posting about the Matthew Good Band album Underdogs. The next one in chronological order is the one that got me into him... I remember hearing a tune called "Hello Time Bomb" on the radio and going out and getting the CD Beautiful Midnight (which I'm about to comment on)... I didn't take the thing out of my CD case that I carried back then for about a year... It's that, um, good and that special to me... Probably one of my favorite albums of all-time... It's the body of work that got me hooked on Matthew Good and it'll always have a special place in my heart... I remember listening to it when I was sad (several times, some fairly recently), rocking out to it when I was happy, the nighttime drives that my brother and I used to crank it on, and just enjoying the hell out of the record in general...

Keeping with the traditions of the Llog, I'm now going to post all of the videos that this album spawned below with the titles of the songs ABOVE the videos... Please check them out...



Hello Time Bomb





Load Me Up





Strange Days





The Future is X-Rated





There we go... Those are the videos from Beautiful Midnight... If you're familiar with this album and only this one and you're wondering where the videos for songs like Everything is Automatic and Apparitions are, those songs were actually originally from the album Underdogs, which I've already done a post on... Go back in the Llog and you'll find the videos there...

Since I love this album so much, I may do a second post about it and try to find some acoustic or live versions of some other tunes from it here in the near future and post them in the second part for all guys...

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK on this and all other things on the Llog or in the universe... Here's hoping I don't stay away as long between this post and the next one...

I hope you're all doing well...

Love and peace...

No comments: