Friday, December 12, 2008

Beautiful Midnight - The Second Chime

Hey guys,

FIRST OF ALL, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY LAST POST (My "Beautiful" Discovery), GO DO THAT NOW!!! I'll wait...

Ready?

OK...

I figured I'd get right back on the second post for the praise for the Matthew Good Band album Beautiful Midnight... I wanted to show you guys a little more of why it's one of my favorites...

Now the following YouTube clips are going to be "unofficial" videos for the other songs from the album... Again, I wanted you guys to get more of a feel for why I'm praising it so much... The clips may include TV footage that has nothing to do with the songs or Matthew Good, a still picture with a song played behind it or homemade videos, but some of them will be pretty cool acoustic or live (or both) renditions of the tunes... As I've said, some of the songs have music videos that are from the album Underdogs... If you're curious, go check out a prior post on the Llog entitled Rooting for the Underdogs...

If you're an OCD geek like me or you wanna put the time in and listen to the album in the order of the tracks on the CD, they go like this:

1. Giant
2. Hello Time Bomb
3. Strange Days
4. Deep 6ix
5. Load Me Up
6. Failing the Rorschach Test
7. Suburbia
8. Apparitions
9. Jenni's Song
10. A Boy and His Machine Gun
11. The Future is X-Rated
12. Everything is Automatic
13. Born to Kill
14. Running for Home



If you bounce back and forth through this post and all the ones I've mentioned above, (it is my hope that) you'll be able to hear a semblance of the album in its entirety...

Now then, the songs (with the titles of the songs posted ABOVE them, which is my usual format on here...)



Giant





Deep 6ix





Surburbia





Apparitions





Jenni's Song





A Boy and his Machine Gun





Born to Kill





Running for Home





And there they are...

Sorry guys, but I couldn't find anything for the song "Failng the Rorschach Test"... If you're interested, you can download this album (and a lot of Matthew Good's other stuff) from iTunes and hear that tune, as well... I definitely recommend it...

Well, there's the two-post, in-depth, Llog-ified look into the album
Beautiful Midnight by the Matthew Good Band... I'll be posting soon on the next (and final) Matthew Good Band album chronologically, entitled The Audio of Being... And then we'll start getting into his solo stuff, which includes another of my favorite albums of all time...

Hope I've given you guys enough to chew on for a while...

Until next time and as always...

Peace...

No comments: