Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Best of the Best

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've blogged about anything comic book related and while reading through Wizard #207 Gold, I noticed that they'd done a kind of year in review on all things comic books...

I'm gonna share what was in there and maybe insert some of my own opinions.

So here goes:

BEST BOOK
Action Comics
-I've read it for a while now. It IS good...

BEST EVENT
Secret Invasion
-I've not read it. I want to...

BEST SATIRE
Screamland

BEST WRITER 2008
Jason Aaron
-I've only read some Wolverine that he did and some Scalped... Enjoyable.

BEST SINGLE ISSUE
Y: The Last Man #60

BEST ARTIST
Leinil Yu

INDIE OF THE YEAR
Kramers Ergot 7

'08'S INDIE GREATS
Best Debut: Mesmo Delivery
Best Ongoing Series: RASL (I've not read this. I'd really like to...)
Best All-Ages Indie: Chiggers
Best Webcomic: BodyWorld
Best Self-Published: Pixu

BEST HERO
Captain America
-I'd really like to pick up some of the trades on this one, too...

GAME OF THE YEAR
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

BEST REVAMP
Incredible Herc

BEST ALL-AGES
Tiny Titans

BEST VILLAIN
Norman Osborn

BEST R-RATED BOOK
The Boys
-I recently just stopped reading this one... Some good stories, though...

BEST HORROR WRITER
Joe Hill

BEST COVER ARTIST
Marko Djurdevic

BEST NEW SERIES OF 2008
-Invincible Iron Man
-Stephen King's The Stand
-Secret Six
-X-Force
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-House of Mystery
-Captain Britain & MI 13
-Deadpool
-Young Liars
-Zorro
-Echo
-Conan the Cimmerian
(I've not read ANY of these, but I'd really like to try Young Liars...)

IN MEMORIAM...
-Steve Gerber
-Steve Whitaker
-Dave Stevens
-Jim Mooney
-Will Elder
-James Perham
-Creig Flessel
-Jack Kamen
-Carlos Meglia
-Michael Turner
(I'm not really familiar with anyone's work here except for Michael Turner... Rest In Peace, fellows... Truly sad losses all around, here...)



There were some other things in the article like Best Moments of 2008 and stuff but they'd require too much explanation... You can go to wizarduniverse.com to see some more on these, if you'd like...

Thanks to Wizard Magazine who published the article in reference and always keeps us in the know on all things comic book...

Until next time, guys...

Peace...

No comments: