Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Quote of the Day

Hey guys,

Any of you who know me personally know that I read a lot... Whether it be prose, comic books, magazines... I come across some pretty profound stuff...

I had the idea to just start throwing out some quotes that really strike me from time to time. This will be the first of those. It comes from a newly resurrected Hal Jordan, (the current, the best, the legendary) the Green Lantern who is really at the forefront of all of them... (For those of you who don't know, there are a whole corps of them, one for every sector of space...)

Anyway, this quote is from Hal's thoughts at the end of a big battle at the end of issue #3 of Green Lantern (Sept. 2005, DC Comics)...

I look around today, at the way we live...

...We're arming security systems, putting metal detectors in schools and looking over our shoulders on airplanes.

The news shouts -- "Tonight at eleven, find out which major drug company could make you sick."

Is this the life I'm coming back to?

Is this the strongest emotion in the universe?

Is fear what controls everyone and everything?




*-Thanks to Geoff Johns for great writing and for bringing back Hal for us to spend time with again...



'Til next time...

Peace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When I am old, I hope to remember sadness unequivocally..."

~ Jim Harms, THE SEA WITH SNOW

lloydduvalljr said...

Hey Jeff,

Yeah...

I read those Harms books that you passed along to me a while back and that line always seems to stick in my head, too...