Friday, October 17, 2008

A Post on Post (Bjork Pt. 2)

Hey guys,

I've been into another Bjork album and while on the cusp of getting into a third, I figured I'd give you guys a taste of what Bjork's second offering Post is all about...

As usual I'll post all the videos from the singles from the album below with the titles to the songs above the vids...



Army of Me





Isobel





It's Oh So Quiet





Hyper-Ballad





Possibly Maybe





I Miss You





*-COMMENTS-*

-Well, first off... Despite loving this album and all these tunes, I'd have to say that "Hyper-Ballad" is probably my favorite. I also really like "Army of Me" with its infectious trip-hop groove and beautifully sung chorus...

-If any of you who are not really into Bjork's music know any one of these, it's probably "It's Oh So Quiet", which is really a tune that has some jazz flavor without being as annoying as most vocal jazz... I also get a kind of big band feel from "I Miss You"... Really more songs with a jazz feel on this record than on Bjork's previous, Debut...

-"Possibly Maybe" is also a beautifully hypnotic tune... I think MTV or VH1 used some of the tones from it when they used to have late night video shows... I seem to remember that... Was the segment called "Insomnia" or "Insomniac"??? Anyone know what I'm talking about???

-"Isobel" is supposedly tied in some way to "Human Behaviour" from Debut as some kind of conceptual piece, although I'm really not sure of all the specifics...



Well guys, those are my thoughts on Post... I've just downloaded Bjork's third offering Homogenic and should be commenting on it soon... Feel free to hit me up and let me know what you think about Bjork, any other music, or ANYTHING ELSE!!!

As always...

Peace...

No comments: