Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Album in Goliath

Hey guys,

Taking a little break from Bjork lately (so as not to burn myself out on her), I started spinning the latest disc from The Mars Volta again. It's called The Bedlam in Goliath...

This is really a good album. It's the first album with their new drummer Thomas Pridgen, who (despite me really loving and missing old drummer, Jon Theodore) absolutely smokes those traps on this one... They also released a lot of "webisodes" (videos) through their website for this disc... I'm going to try and find clips of these that can be embedded (tricky) and post them below for you with (as usual) the names of the songs ABOVE the vids...



Aberinkula





Ilyena





Wax Simulacra





Goliath (from Nissan Live Sets)





Askepios





Ouroboros (from Nissan Live Sets)





*NOTES*

-A couple of these are from something called "Nissan Live Sets" that I found on YouTube. They are labelled appropriately...

-The sound quality on "Askepios" is really bad, but at least you've got something...

-There are more videos from The Mars Volta around (on YouTube and their website and such) that are not able to be embedded. Take a look around, if you're interested...

-How many times have I put "Wax Simulacra" on this blog? Was that three? Anyway, LOVE THAT SONG!!! How 'bout that drum intro?!?!

-Dig those irresistible grooves on "Ilyena" and "Goliath"!!! Damn!!!



Well, there they are... Some videos from one of the only ones of my old favorites that I can bear to listen to nowadays... Hope you enjoyed... Hit me back on these or anything else...

Until next post...

Peace...

No comments: