Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The News from Mars

Hey guys,

I don't know how I let it go this far without telling you (oh yeah, I didn't blog for seven months), but one of my very favorite bands has put out a new CD.

The Mars Volta hit the scene again back in June with their fifth full length recording Octahedron. The band takes a small step in a new direction with this one, calling it their "acoustic, pop" album. I'm going to call it another work of sheer genius.

I'll keep this one short. Here's a couple of videos that are the singles so far from Octahedron. (Titles are above the songs/videos.)



"Cotopaxi"





"Since We've Been Wrong"

Since We've Been Wrong




There they are, guys... The latest from the band I'm always raving about. If you are interested or really want to hear the songs in their intended context, go out and get the latest release from THE MARS VOLTA : OCTAHEDRON

Peace...

No comments: