Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Draw Upon Thy Muse

Hey guys,

It's been a while...

I'm seriously behind on Comic of the Week and don't even know if I'm going to continue doing it. I've been writing (working on my comic book script) a lot lately and just haven't found the time.

But...

I do wanna still keep The Llog going even if it's just a post a week or on no regular basis when something hits me that I want to let you guys know about and pay tribute to.

That being said, upon a trip to Robinson Town Center this past weekend I got my hands on the new disc by a band called Muse.

That's all I've listened to since then... Let's take a look at the song from the new album "The Resistance" that got me listening to these guys hardcore again.

It's called "Uprising". Here it is below...



UPRISING





You like?

Well, even if you don't, I do...

That's why I decided to start those of you who are interested on a little introduction/feature on one of my favorite bands. Hey, why not add more stuff to my plate while I'm already behind on the stuff I already AM doing?!

This will be the first of (hopefully many) chapters on the band Muse. I've done this before with other bands/artists. What I'm going to do is throw up a little post about each of Muse's albums and then show you all the music videos they did for the release. I'll start with Muse's first full length: Showbiz.

Back in October of 1999, Muse released the album Showbiz. It included songs written as early as 1996 and it's said that the boys went in and recorded what they felt to be their least progressive of all the songs they had in their repertoire at the time (they'd later more than make up for this on later releases). The band shot four music videos (to my knowledge) for the record. Here they are with the song titles listed ABOVE the videos. Check 'em out.



UNO





MUSCLE MUSEUM





SUNBURN





UNINTENDED





Notes:
*-My favorite song out of all of these is probably "Sunburn".
*-Interesting fact. The band couldn't think of a name for the song "Muscle Museum", so they looked up the word "Muse" in the dictionary and chose the words directly before and after and named the song.
*-The band also released the song "Cave" as a single, but I've been unable to find a video for it. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe I'll throw up a vid of them playing it live or something in a day or so...



There's the first entry on the band Muse, kids... Hope you liked it... Hit me up on this or anything else any ol' time...

Peace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know the Twilight series author Stephenie Meyer lists Muse as...well, one of her muses?

From http://www.musewiki.org/Stephenie_Meyer:

Stephenie Meyer lists Muse as an inspiration for her second novel New Moon. Acknowledgments of the novel New Moon: "-- And, finally, thank you to the talented musicians who inspire me, particularly the band Muse - there are emotions, scenes, and plot threads in this novel that were born from Muse songs and would not exist without their genius. --"

Acknowledgments of Meyer's third novel Eclipse: "-- I am in your debt, rock gods of Muse, for yet another inspiring album. Thank you for continuing to create my favorite writing music. --"

In her final book Breaking Dawn, Meyer also dedicated it to Muse. "And thanks also to my favourite band, the very aptly named Muse, for providing a saga's worth of inspiration. --"

lloydduvalljr said...

I did NOT know this! Ironically (or something), my girlfriend had ordered "Twilight" from a book club and it came in the mail TODAY. The same day I find out about this...

A sign to read it?

Methinks perhaps...

Thanks for your comments, whoever you are... Stop back or hit me up anytime!