Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Comic of the week

Hey yo,
Let me first start by saying that I am grossly behind on reading my comics... That sounds like such a disgrace, doesn't it? Like I should be punished or something... Ah well, maybe I should...
I just finished reading the comics that I collect which came out on May 21st. I know... Behind the times a little...
I want to get caught up and then start doing a comic of the week a little closer to when they actually come out. I'll probably list all of the comics that I've read for the week and then post some artwork and talk a little about the stories and such...
Anyway... The comic that I most enjoyed for the week of May 21st was definitely Wolverine: Origins #25. It's got Wolverine facing off against a crazy mercenary named Deadpool who cracks jokes, all the while beating the crap out of Wolverine (yeah, all of you who read comics know that, but I'm trying to make this as reader friendly as possible...).
Then... Wolverine's son Daken shows up. This is the beginning of what promises to be some very cool story in the pages of Wolverine: Origins and I've gotta say that I, for one, am excited...
If you don't know anything about Wolverine's son or didn't even know that he had a son or if I've just piqued your interest a little bit, you can catch up on that whole thing by going out and getting the run of Wolverine: Origins. It's only up to issue 25, as of my reading right now, and I think there are some trades out there collecting this wonderful series...
The bulk of (if not all of it) was written by Daniel Way and is probably his crowning achievement. The art is done by Steve Dillon (of Preacher fame... Remember that book? You should. If not, take steps to be able to...).
Anyway, that the first post of the "Comic of the Week". I'm going to take steps to make it a more exciting part of the blog. Like I said, samples of artwork, story reviews, etc.
Come on back and read more about comics and all the crap I care to get passionate about... I plan on it only getting better...

Peace...

No comments: