Sunday, August 23, 2009

They're some mad, mad, mad, mad men

Hey guys,

I finished the first season of a show that when it was suggested to me, I really didn't think I'd like. Boy, was I wrong...

The show is Mad Men. It's a series mainly about a fictional advertising firm in the 1960's. But it's really so much more.

With a strong cast portraying unforgettable characters, riveting subplots, and smart historical allusions, the world of this series reaches out and envelops the viewer.

No, I didn't think it was going to be my cup of tea at first. I mean, come on, what do I care about ad men in the 1960's? Truth be told, it could be waffle salesmen in the 1890's and with storytelling this deftly executed, I'd be on board...

My entry wouldn't be complete without showing you (as I'm inclined to do) a little something from the show. I've included a trailer of sorts below to help give you a little taste. So, check it out below and then do your best to get your hands on the rest of the series.

I think you'll be glad you did...






Mad Men, an AMC Original Series, airs Sunday nights at 10pm (ET) on (of course) AMC.

No comments: