Monday, September 15, 2008

Cinematic adventures

Hey guys,

I've been trying for a long time to come up with a list of my top 50 movies...

I'm using a kind of database to do so. This is a website called DVD Aficianado. Kind of as a tool for myself and to let you guys know how that's coming, I'm going list the movies that I've watched and reviewed on DVD Aficianado that will be strongly considered for my Top 50...

Don't get excited. My list is probably another 5 years in the making at least, but here goes:

-28 Days Later
-Amercian Beauty
-The Big Lebowski
-The Elephant Man
-The Fountain
-Saw
-Shaun of the Dead
-Sideways



And maybe more towards the bottom of the list, but maybe still making my top 50:

-300
-About Schmidt
-American History X
-Crash
-Hard Candy
-The Illusionist
-Pi
-Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me



I know that those of you who know me will notice that I've excluded some of my obvious favorites, but I haven't watched those recently enough to include them in the ranking on the database... Nonetheless, those might include:

-The Matrix
-Fight Club
-Pulp Fiction
-Clerks
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Buffalo '66
-Interview with the Vampire
-Mulholland Dr.
-Memento
-Night of the Living Dead (Maybe both the original and the 1990 version)
-Reservoir Dogs
-What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
-Se7en
-Requiem for a Dream
-MANY OTHER FILMS I'VE YET TO SEE OR REWATCH



Anyway... Any of you can let me know your thoughts on this or suggent any movie that you like and I may check that out... Your feedback will be greatly considered and appreciated!!!

Peace...

2 comments:

ADD said...

I love reading your posts on films. I'll be looking forward to seeing the list from the guy who introduced me to Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Buffalo 66, Se7en and The Shawshank Redemption, just to name a few.

lloydduvalljr said...

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the kind words... I'm glad that someone who now has WAY more experience in the movie world enjoys reading MY posts about movies...

Thanks for letting me know that someone's reading...

Look forward to talking to you Thursday...

Peace...